The New Challenges to Turkey’s Border Security: the Case of DAESH and the PYDMarch 04, 2016 Malta Pavilion, Yıldız Mh., Beşiktaş, İstanbul
DS Centre for Policy Studies held a roundtable discussion on “The New Challenges to Turkey’s Border Security: the Case of DAESH and the PYD”
The DS Centre organized a sessional roundtable discussion on Friday, March 4th 2016 in Istanbul. The event brought diplomats, foreign journalists and think tanks together to discuss how the PKK, PYD and DAESH are creating new challenges for Turkey’s security.
The event was invitation-only and completely off-the-record. The discussion was insightful and touched on several key issues. The event opened with a discussion on the history of radicalization, terrorism and counterterrorism in Turkey before discussing the current situation being faced by the country today. The event also discussed the changing dynamics of Turkey’s border security with Syria given increased activity by the PKK, PYD and DAESH.
The event highlighted the need to find ways to safeguard the stability of Turkey in a region that has been marred by geopolitical instability. The roundtable also included discussions and commentary by foreign journalists who presented their own views of the current situation in the country and region. The event ended with a brief discussion on what the next steps are for Turkey and Syria and possible visions for the future.
- Meeting between Daily Sabah and Kyrgyz Journalists September 28, 2018
- Presentation on Digital Diplomacy Given by Gökhan Yücel September 04, 2018
- Meeting between Daily Sabah and U.S. Students August 08, 2018
- Meeting between Daily Sabah and Chinese journalists and media representatives July 24, 2018
- Meeting between Daily Sabah and South African media representatives July 16, 2018
- Election Day at Daily Sabah’s Headquarters June 24, 2018
- Roundtable Meeting with Dr. Emrullah İşler April 10, 2018
- Roundtable Meeting with Ayşe Sözen Usluer April 04, 2018